Your Assisted Living and Elder Care Specialists
In our role as an elder care advisor, Senior Living Options offers both sensitivity and expertise about assisted living options. We are assisted living specialists with deep knowledge about crucial features, services, and levels of care.
Assisted living is a housing and healthcare alternative that balances independence with personal care in a warm and dignified community setting. An assisted living residence is a combination of individual apartments, as well as personalized care designed specifically for the individual residents care needs.
Assistance can be provided for activities of daily living (ADLs) in order to promote dignity and independence. This may include:
- Bathing—stand-by or more assistance, if needed
- Dressing—level of support will vary depending on need
- Daily medication management
- Mobility—cane, walker, scooter, wheelchair
- Toileting and/or incontinence management
- Access to health and medical services, such as physical therapy and occupational therapy
Not only do we help you select an assisted living community, Senior Living Options provides guidance as you work with your chosen facility’s on-site Care Director. The Care Director performs a personalized assessment of each incoming resident, which is used to create a customized, individual care plan that is reviewed in detail with the resident and/or family prior to moving in.
Our elder care advice has helped hundreds of seniors transition from their current home to an assisted living community. Senior Living Options’ specialized assisted living expertise covers Connecticut’s Fairfield, Litchfield, Hartford, Middlesex, and New London counties to New York’s metro boroughs and Westchester and Putnam counties. We invite you to contact us to see how we can help you. Our services are FREE to seniors and their families.
Typical amenities at assisted living communities:
- Three meals a day in a dining room or restaurant-like environment
- Housekeeping and personal laundry
- Emergency call systems in each apartment
- Daily social and recreational activities
- Transportation for doctors’ appointments, religious services, shopping, errands, and scheduled outings
- On-site hair salon, library, general activities room, computer access, and private dining room for family celebrations